Monday, April 7, 2014

this brings the giggles...

So I was sent an article and the email before the attachment read, “OMG. You HAVE to read this. Maybe you were on to something after all!!!” 

I…can’t…even…

Wait. Was I supposed to be a scientist?!?!? What have I been saying all along? It’s the incessant, ‘hey look at me! I took another selfie with 500 filters’ phenomenon that drives me nutters. I get taking selfies with friends to remember certain fun events and occasions (think Ellen at the Oscars!) but sitting in your car for hours to capture the perfect pic of you with your coffee to tweet to the world. Ummmm. Really?


I’ll let you read the article for yourself—you be the judge but some of my very favorite parts include:

“Selfies frequently trigger perceptions of self-indulgence or attention-seeking social dependence that raises the damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don’t spectre of either narcissism or very low self-esteem…”  

And even better! It goes on to classify the different types of selfies…some of my favs (with pics!!!) include the 'duck face selfie' and 'gigantic whore selfie'. You have to see see these. HAAAAAAAAAAAVE to see these.

I am now convinced that Twitter was designed by scientists to study the crazy. I mean, where else can they find this many case studies? I love Twitter so much. Who knew I could love a science experiment so much?!?! :) Read more here...it'll bring the giggles. AND! You will never look at another selfie the same way again...


Have a beautiful day, beautiful people!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment