Monday, April 13, 2015

It's almost Beautiful Secret Day!!!!!

Okay boys and girls…are you ready? I am going to write a review void of my “Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!” and “kodjskhfufdskfougirhsfkdlskgisddfjjkdfher!!!” which are both pretty standard in my Christina Lauren reviews. I’m going to try to be a grown up here. Let’s see how that goes.

*sits up straight*

Here we go…


I didn’t say this review wouldn’t include confetti cannons…because if ANY book deserves confetti cannons, Beautiful Secret deserves confetti cannons! Ahem…okay…back to being a grown up.

I love this book. I love this book more than I could every properly convey. If you have never read a Christina Lauren book (how is that even possible?), you MUST read this book. I promise that once you finish Beautiful Secret that you will want to read every book this duo has ever written.

Niall isn’t the bastard that is Bennett. Niall isn’t the brave exhibitionist that is Max (although Niall IS Max’s brother). Niall isn’t the God among men, Will. Niall isn’t sweet Ansel. Niall is not the rugged, outdoorsy, good with a rope, fisherman Finn. Niall is Niall Stella.

Niall is his own man and he is so unlike any of Christina Lauren’s other leading men, it’s unreal. It’s unreal in that: HOW do they write these characters that are so incredibly different from one another? I mean, one would think Max and Niall might be similar since they are brothers. Nope. Completely different. COMPLETELY. Christina Lauren’s ability to give each of their character’s his/her own ‘voice’ is what makes me read book after book after book. 

Just as C and Lo are consistent with making sure EVERY leading man is completely different and incredible, Christina Lauren also makes sure that each and everyone of their leading women are smart, witty and strong. The women that Christina Lauren write are women any woman would be happy to call a friend. Christina Lauren women will never be confused with any sniveling, 'Why is this happening to me? Someone please save me.' heroine. Ever. In Beautiful Secret, Ruby is brilliant, fun, sassy and a phenomenal heroine. Give me a smart and fearless girl any day of the week.  I love Ruby just as much as I love Niall. I do. I really do!!!! 

Oh! Something else that Christina Lauren ALWAYS does? They make you feel like you are there! Beautiful Secret took place in New York and London. What better locations??? While I have been to New York several times, I have never been to London. However, after reading Beautiful Secret I feel like I have. The depth of their descriptions is priceless. The descriptions that Christina Lauren uses to engage you in the story is incomparable. From the soggy streets of London to the airplane bathroom to the vibrant streets of New York...C and Lo make you feel like you are there. 
I love Niall. I love Ruby. And I love Niall and Ruby’s story!!! I looooooooooove Beautiful Secret. From the cover to the contents of it. I love everything about Beautiful Secret. Beautiful Secret is a book that I didn’t want to end. I foresee begging Christina Lauren for a Niall and Ruby novella in the very near future. I mean…I know they have other things to do…you know, like write other books…but…



It’s THAT good! How many times do you finish a book and immediately want to read it again? How many times do you finish a book and immediately want more? How many times do you finish a book and cry yourself to sleep at night because you just found the man of your dreams…in a book? Wait. Too much?  I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this book and you will too! 

One-click Beautiful Secret HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once you have met and fallen completely in love with the perfection that is Niall, let’s talk, yeah?  I'll be over here like this if you need me:


Or like this:



xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment