Thursday, May 8, 2014

Meeting my holy trinity…Part 3!!!!

It’s taken me quite some time to sit down and write this one. I knew that meeting Katy Evans would be emotional for me. I thought I had prepared myself for what it would be like the first time I hugged her. I thought wrong.

Preface: I love Katy. I have loved Katy ever since I read the very first page of REAL over a year ago. You may see me professing my love for all things Katy on Twitter—REAL, MINE, REMY, Remy himself!, ROGUE, RIPPED. I am a HUGE Katy fan! HUGE!!! I love her a scary lot.

What you don’t see on Twitter is me emailing with Katy almost daily. As sweet as she is via Twitter and Facebook and all the other ways readers communicate with Katy, she is even more incredible one on one. I consider her a dear, dear friend. A soul sister ever. I love her. So can you imagine how incredibly anxious I was to finally meet her for the first time? I knew there would be tears but I thought I would be able to control the how and when of meeting her for the first time so I thought I’d be able to keep it under control. Yeah…about that…

On Friday night we had finished a late dinner, took a cab back to the hotel, freshened up in our room, and were on our way down to the bar for drinks. On the cab ride over to the hotel I received an email from Katy telling me that she was just arriving and was going to rest and that she’d see me in the morning! Crikey!!! Katy was in town and I was going to see her in the morning! Finally!!! The morning couldn’t come fast enough!

As Steph, Kel and I got down to the lobby of the hotel—out of nowhere Steph takes off running and bum rushes someone. What in the world is she doing!?!? There’s lots of hair and hugging and I couldn’t quite see who it was or what was happening until they stepped away from each other. Then it happened. I burst into spontaneous, uncontrollable tears. It was her. It was my Katy!!!!

My nose is getting all tingly as I’m retelling this specific story. It was Katy!!!! Katy who has the most beautiful spirit I have ever ‘met.’ I feel like I have known her a lifetime but this was my very first time ever meeting her in person and I couldn’t control the tears. Katy standing right in front of me and then hugging me!!!! I can’t even take it. It was a moment in time I will cherish forever. The moment I met one of my very favorite people in the whole world. Wow. Nothing compares really. We chatted for a little bit and then Katy headed up to her room to rest while we headed to the bar.

At the bar I was still a blubbering mess! I for real had just hugged Katy for the very first time!!!! At the bar, Steph kept saying, “That’s exactly how I wanted you to meet Katy! We were planning a surprise meeting for you two in the morning but this is even better—a real surprise!” I’m pretty sure that planned or not planned that tears would have been inevitable. I messaged Kat immediately. I may have even left her a vm crying like a baby as I explained what had just happened. Katy in the flesh is magic. Pure magic.

And! I got to spend the entirety of the next day with her…and guess what? She really does get better and better!!! Full post re: the actual signing day to follow. Holy holy trinity!!!! It happened! I met my holy trinity all in one day. It doesn’t get any better than that! What are the chances that my holy trinity is even more incredible in person than I could have ever imagined? True story! I can’t wait to share some of the fun deets of the actual signing. So much goodness!!! More to come…soonish…

xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE! Wish I was there.;) we must've drown the entire hotel with happy tears.LMAO

    ReplyDelete