Sunday, May 18, 2014

T-A-M-E-D

Okay. I don’t even know where to begin. My brain is a pool of randomness that is going to spill all over this blog so I’m warning you now. This is your chance to walk away before the dam breaks or the wave crashes…


You have been warned. 

Splash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So a couple weeks ago I saw that some bloggers were tweeting pics of his/her ARC of Tamed. At first, this was me:


This was me because I love Emma Chase. Emma gave me Drew!!!!! So while my initial reaction was my scrunched up nose face, I soon rationalized that Tamed wasn’t Drew’s story so it was okay. Tamed tells the story of Matthew and Delores after all. It would be totally fine. I could wait. You see, rationalizing things helps me sleep at night and keeps my friends from going completely mental as a result of my crazy. Rationalization is my friend.

Soooooo I rationalized that Tamed was out there in the hands of few but I could wait. But then! THEN something wonderful happened. I received a kickass surprise! You see, Steph attended the Belles on Wheels tour and met Emma! I repeat: She met Emma! She even face timed me!!! Oh…picture this…I saw a face time was coming through from Steph—I didn’t think twice about not having any makeup on (still in pain from a sunburn I got the day before!) or being in a car full of people. Steph has seen me without makeup. So I hit accept. Can you imagine my surprise when Emma’s face popped up on my screen?!?!? I almost died right there! I screamed so loud I earned a collective, ‘shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut up!!!!’ from everyone in the car. I was confined in the car when all I wanted to do was jump up and down!





Right…so yes…Steph met Emma! A couple days later I received a package in the mail from Steph. You guessed it…it was Tamed!!!!!! See ya later rationalization, how did I ever live without this book!?!? Look…isn’t it pretty?!?!?


Yes…all that orange you see? Yes…those are all of my notes!!! I cannot wait to get it in my kindle to highlight properly! Until then, old school post-its it is! As you can see by my post its, I’ve clearly finished it. And you know what?!?!? Complete and total disclosure. Are you ready?!?! I loved every bit of it! This is not a review. I repeat: This is NOT a review! I will post my review closer to release of Tamed  but I need to take a minute to talk about this book.

Don’t for one moment think that you don’t need this book because it’s not Drew’s story. Don’t make that mistake. Here’s why: Nobody loves Drew more than me. I will fight a girl for Drew. He is loooooooooooooooooooved by me!!!! But here’s the thing—here’s what Emma does so brilliantly in Tamed. She makes you love Matthew and Dee too! She makes you want to know more about their story. As a reader I wasn’t sitting around waiting for a Drew and Kate cameo. I was all in. I wanted to know how this was all going to go down with Matthew and Dee. That is HUGE for me because I’m a Drew girl!!!

So while this is huge for me—Emma did something else in Tamed. She gave us insight into Drew and The Bitch from Matthew’s eyes. I was not expecting this. At all. We now know why Drew is so proficient in taking the Lord’s name in vain and why he feels the way he does about Catholicism as a general rule. We also get the most incredible insight into The Bitch and her relationship with the men in her life—Steven, Drew, and Matthew. I love her. I need more of her. Too soon to put in a request for a book centered around Alexandra? :)

Like I said…this is NOT a review…this is just me, finishing a book I looooooved and telling you that you must add this to your TBR list. Pre-order now so you don’t forget! Here’s the link:


As I was reading Tamed, I thought to myself numerous times: Holy crap. Is Emma like this in real life? Is she really this funny? This clever? God, I love her. Think she wants to be my friend? Holy crap. This is good! *REPEATED OVER AND OVER AND OVER*

Okay…that’s my story…I’m now going to start sorting through all my post-its so I can write a review that will do this incredible book justice! Love, love, loooooooooooooooooooooove it!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment