Monday, May 5, 2014

The Holy Trinity...Part One!!!!!!!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomg.

Holy crap. Is it Monday already? How did that happen?!?! So…I did a little (read: HUGE!!!) something this weekend…you know, I met my holy trinity and all. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!

I have a million things I want to say but this would turn into the blog post that never ends so I’m thinking I’ll post a little something every day so you don’t die a slow death reading the re-telling of my weekend. I think I will start with my very first encounter with 1/3 of my holy trinity. Are you guys ready? Here we go…

We left to go downtown early Friday morning and as I was driving into the city, Lo was tweeting from the hotel!!!!! Holy keysmash!!!!! I was heading to the exact same hotel! She was going to be sooooooooooooo close!!!! Lo!!!!!!!!!! I was literally bouncing up and down en route to the city. I swear I couldn’t even take the excitement!

I tried to keep it together. I swear. I tried! But then! But then Lo sent me a message that she was in the lobby in red boots and a white coat and to come say hello. By ‘hello,’ I assume she meant, ‘come throw yourself at my feet’ because that is exactly what I did. Seriously. This is on video. Yeah, apparently I was in complete fangirl mode and didn’t notice my friends rolling the video as I was on Mission: Holy crap, I’m gonna meet Lo!!!!! I won’t show you the video because it’s embarrassing but here’s how it went down…

As I walked into the lobby area where Lo was sitting, I saw her…white coat and red boots but let’s be honest: I would have known her beautiful face if she had a bag over her head! She is even more beautiful in person!!!! But it wasn’t just Lo! She was sitting across from C!!!!!!! Holy. Crap. My brain couldn’t process the excitement so of course I did what any highly functioning fangirl would do…I walked up to them and threw myself at their feet. True story.

Lo and C were sitting across from each other with a table in between them. I seriously walked over, dropped to my knees and started verbally vomiting all over them. They probably thought I was a stranger who had lost her damn mind but then I started screaming, “Oh my God!!!!” Lo picked up on my crazy and asked if I was Dana and then I got the world’s biggest hugs from Lo and C! Fangirl down!!!! Literally. I was still on my knees.     

I was a hot mess—my face turned a million shades of red and I thought I may pass out. I had to keep fanning myself. Yep, pretty sure I looked like a complete creeper. I just couldn’t believe that 1/3 of my holy trinity was now sitting right next to me and across from me. Holy crap. It was so unbelievably surreal. I am pretty sure I couldn’t form coherent sentences and I should probably hang my head in shame but here I am…embarrassing myself all over again as I re-tell this story but I have to tell this story…do you know why?

I have to tell this story because I need you to understand that C and Lo are the most incredible people you could ever hope to meet. You think that they write books that knock your socks off? Yes! Yes, they do that but they are also amazing people who don’t run and hide from the crazies who love them (me!). They were so warm and so kind and just the absolute best!!!!!

Oh! And you know how C and Lo have the funniest banter on twitter? They do this in person and are even funnier! It’s priceless!!!! I don’t even know. I can’t put into words how much I adore C and Lo. They are the most genuinely gracious people you could ever hope to meet. I know that their time together is precious since they are very rarely together face to face so the fact that they invited us to sit and chat with them for over an hour? Whoa. It doesn’t get any better than that! I love them. I love them. I looooooooooooooooooooove them!!!! They are just as wonderful as I knew they would be. I am so very thankful that they didn’t run from my crazy!

So there ya go…C and Lo are even better in person! How is that possible?!?! I know. It doesn’t sound possible but it is. It so is. If you haven’t read and loved every single one of C and Lo’s books, we can’t be friends. One-click every single one of those babies right now!!!!

Fact: Meeting the first 1/3 of my holy trinity was even better than I could have dreamed. I looooooooooooooooooooove them!!!! I now need a nap from all the excitement…I’ll report back on the meeting of the remainder of my trinity soonish…ya know, after I nap:)

To C and Lo…if you are reading this, thank you for being a reader’s writer. I adore you because you are freakishly talented and constantly surprising me by making me love each story more than the last. Oh…and you get bonus points for not running and screaming in the opposite direction when you saw my crazy coming. This fangirl is unbelievably grateful for both of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! ILY!!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment