Saturday, March 29, 2014

This is not a review. I repeat. This is NOT a review!!!!!

This is not a review. I repeat. This is NOT a review!!!!! It’s just me…having just finished a book and I need to take a moment to gush. I’m sure my review will include coherent sentences and my favorite passages from the book. This post will not include any of that. Typing words now is difficult enough as I just want to keysmash! Kmsakjdjifgcfcjdmfkljsidasmdopadieuifysdiomdkxaskdiohfkldsoifysduhfjkd!!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I have to try to focus for a moment. It’s just that I was super lucky and received an ARC of Sweet Filthy Boy yesterday and I’m now trying to not break my laptop by typing too hard. It’s just that I’m really excited. Do you know why I’m excited? I’ll tell you why I’m excited.

We all know that Sweet Filthy Boy is written by Christina Lauren (or C and Lo and I affectionately refer to them;). They have given us the epicness that is Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger, and Beautiful Player (let’s not forget the novellas that are Beautiful Bitch, Beautiful Bombshell, and Beautiful Beginning!). But here’s the thing!!!! Are you ready?!?!?

Okay. When I finished the Beautiful series, I had two initial thoughts. One: Whyyyyyyyyyy is it over!?!?!? I need more Bennett, Max and Will!!! More! Give me more!!!! Two: it’s like they were just warming up with Beautiful Bastard. How is it even possible that every book got better and better? How!?!?!?

So I may or may not have offered Enn a kidney for an ARC of Sweet Filthy Boy (read: most definitely DID). And then it happened. I came home to THIS last night!


Yay!!!!! I must confess that’s been a long time since I’ve read an actual “real” book. I’m a Kindle whore. You have no idea the amount of highlights I amass in a really great book! So…an actual book…what is one to do with an actual book? Well, if one is me, apparently one does this:


Yeah…I may have exhausted my stash of post-its but it was oh-so-worth-it!!!! Like I said…I have only been in possession of Sweet Filthy Boy for a little over 24 hours and I have finished it. I have lost sleep, I haven’t exactly showered or even left my house and I have consumed a lot of Diet Coke but I have finished the perfection that is Sweet Filthy Boy. Did you catch that adjective? P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N. How do they do it? How does every book get better than the last? 

This is HUGE for me because I deemed Will my favorite Beautiful boy!!! Before I got home to find Sweet Filthy Boy in the mail, I had just written a post re: wanting a decapitated (ceramic!) baby Jesus to offer as tribute to C and Lo when I meet them in Chicago in May! I am serious about my Beautiful boys!!!  

So when I opened Sweet Filthy Boy, I was convinced I wouldn’t love it as much as Beautiful Player. I mean, Will is hard to beat. For Christ’s sake--He knocked Max (a Brit!) out of my number one Beautiful spot! AND again!!! In what world do authors keep getting better and better? We all know Stephenie Meyer dropped the ball in New Moon and; well, Breaking Dawn makes my head hurt. Do you see what I’m saying here?!?! It is nearly impossible for authors to get better with every single book! And yet! C and Lo do it every single time!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So what I’m saying here is: I looooooooooooooooooooooooove this book! Thank fuck I studied French for 6 years…that helped:) And another Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Simply because I am in awe of the talent that is Christina Lauren. I can’t even…I need to focus and try to string together coherent sentences so I can write a proper review this book deserves.

You MUST pre-order Sweet Filthy Boy here:


You will thank me—I promise! Can I still have Will as my favorite Beautiful boy and Ansel as my favorite Filthy boy?!?! I can’t choose!!!! Why are C and Lo so freakishly talented?!?!?! So again, this is clearly not a review…just me…not bound by 140 Twitter characters telling you that in no uncertain terms: you MUST pre-order Sweet Filthy Boy. I can’t even….just: Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment