Thursday, March 20, 2014

Word of the day: #twiposal

You know how around this time of year we see story after story re: peeps asking celebrities to prom. Some of the stories are real tear jerkers while some of the stories make you giggle. Every time I see one where the celebrity says, “Yes!” I think: Dang it! Where was Twitter when I went to prom? I just KNOW that I could have coerced my teen crush to go to prom with me. Maybe.

Well…this #fangirl is on a mission. Not just any mission. A go big or go home mission.  And no…no, I will not be asking the most beautiful rugby player in the world to go to prom with me. Instead! I am going after another Brit and this isn’t for prom. Are you ready? Are you!?!?!?!?!?

I am looking for THE Brit who brought me to all of you beautiful people. It is because of her that I turned to Twitter to find this beautiful and crazy fandom that led me to books and authors and more books and more authors. You know where this is going now…don’t you?


Full twiposal (proposal via twitter—seems legit:) below:

Dear @E_L_James,

                      Will you go to the #ChicagoAuthorEvent with me?
Would you do this #fangirl the honor of fangirling with me over the likes of Alice Clayton (amongst others!)? Note: My fangirling over you will commence before we fangirl together BUT once I get that under control, we are in full on #fangirl mode together. What say you? Oh! And I promise not to try and stow away in your luggage to get back to the UK for a certain rugby player. Promise!

xoxo

@smuttastic

And now it’s out there…I have twiposed to the one and only Ms. James. Now we wait. Remember what I said at the beginning? That these proposals end up eliciting tears or giggles? Yeah…It could go either way. Tears if she says no, tears if she says yes (gasp! Can u IMAGINE!?!?!), and giggles. Always giggles.

If you know EL, put in a good word for me, would ya? If you don’t know the Queen, don’t spam her!

Okay…so back to waiting…I’ll report back:)

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment