Monday, March 10, 2014

Throwback...Monday?



Okay…I know that ‘Throwback Monday’ isn't a thing but I’m making it a thing today and today only. I found the review I wrote almost a year ago of Tangled …and given that tomorrow is the official 2 week countdown to the release of Twisted, let’s revisit one of my absolute favorite books in the history of ever! So...here it is...or was...whatevs. My review of Tangled:

I LOVE this book. I do. I don’t know that I will be able to convey in words exactly how much I love this book. Tangled is perfection. There is no other word to properly describe this book other than perfection. What makes Tangled so perfect, you ask? Everything! From the characters themselves to the story itself, Tangled is a MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST read. So…let’s get to it, shall we?

Drew…oh Drew…where do we start? I must confess that I am a sucker for a male POV so reading Tangled through Drew’s eyes was an absolute treat! Drew is funny. Can we talk about how funny Drew is for a moment? Here are just a few (trust me, there are TONS!) of my favorite Drew quotes:

What’s that? Yes, I went to Catholic school. You’re surprised? You shouldn’t be. My profanity has a certain religious flavor that can only be learned through a lifetime of Catholic education. Jesus H. Christ…Goddamn it…Jesus, Mary and Joseph…fucking Christ Almighty…holy fucking shit—and that’s just what we heard from the priests.


“Johnny Fitzgerald is an idiot. Vaginas beat penises every time. They’re like kryptonite. Penises are defenseless against them.” –Drew to his preschool-aged niece, Mackenzie


I’ll never get tired of looking at her. Or kissing her. Pussy whipped, thy name is Drew. Yeah, I know. It’s okay. I don’t mind. ‘Cause if this is the Dark Side? Sign me up. Seriously. Don’t be surprised if I start skipping through the streets singing. “Zip-a-Dee-fucking-Doo-Dah.” I’m that happy.

Have I effectively convinced you of the hilarity that is Drew? While Drew is indeed hysterical, he is much, much more. Drew is a catch! All the girls are clamoring for Drew but he willingly acknowledges that he “never rides the same roller coaster twice.” Sorry girls, Drew is a manwhore who has no intention of going to the Dark Side (read: a committed relationship). Enter: Kate.

Kate is a heroine that all readers will get behind because she is just that fantastic. Kate is not only a pretty face. Kate is smart and strong and witty and she will go toe to toe with Drew without even batting an eyelash. Kate is a reader’s dream. So…you get that I love Drew and Kate…I do, I really do. Aside from the characters, the story itself is my kind of read.

Tangled is a book that allows you to fall in love with the characters and their story. That’s it. These are not genuinely flawed or disturbed characters that have to overcome personal issues or baggage. Instead, these are simply two great characters that have a great story to tell. It’s refreshing really. Tangled is smart, fresh, funny, sexy, and so much more. Tangled is perfection. Believe the hype, people. Believe it! It’s THAT good! Buy it! Read it! LOVE it!!! 

Here...I'll help you out...If you haven't already, one-click it here:


Okay…I still know that ‘Throwback Monday’ isn't a thing but wasn't it great to revisit Drew? Can I get an "Amen!"?!?!? :) Pretty sure Drew meant to write #DrewAndDanaForever in the sky...pretty sure it was just an oversight. I'll forgive him because I love him that much. I love him so much that I will be back tomorrow to fangirl all over him!!!

Happy Throwback Monday, pretties!!!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment